Labeled “The future of dance music in South Africa” - Crazy White Boy is the brainchild of South African producers Ryan Murgatroyd and Konstantinos Karatamoglou. Both experienced and successful DJs and producers in their own right - the pair met and collaborated.
Together they have worked their way up from bedroom producers to a powerful, leading presence in the South African music market as well as the rest of the world. Compelled to try and add a fresh twist to this style of music, they set about writing with an African Kwaito style which they call “Ghetto Tech”. Their aim - to deliver a sound that stands out, and more importantly one that challenges the local and international ear.
The results are multiple Gold and Platinum-selling albums featuring their tracks locally and internationally. International record labels include Kontor, Onelove, Ministry of Sound, Cr2, F! Records and local powerhouse Soul Candi to name but a few.
Their “music first” policy has allowed them to showcase their sound to some of the most unlikely suspects including David Guetta and Steve Aoki to crowds of over 75 000 people. The Duo are currently touring the country road testing the new records on their forthcoming 2nd Studio Album - "Ghetto Tech" is out in late October.
“Having met at the Soul Candi Institute of Music, where Ryan was lecturing and Kosta a student, the two have gone on to form one of the most distinct and appealing sounds under an equally distinct and appealing name: Crazy White Boy.”
UP & COMING
“.. Crazy White Boy, who have the South African house industry at their feet. Their new song and album, Zoma, is what music producers/DJs Ryan Murgatroyd and Konstantinos “Kosta” Karatamoglou have conjured up for another win.”
“WHAT do you get when you combine two white male music production scholars, an urban house sound and the fastest track to hit number one on the 5FM Top 40 list?
Answer: Crazy White Boy.”
WHATS UP CAPE TOWN
“Crazy White Boy’s newest single, Zoma, is burning up the airwaves nationwide. It’s a toe-tapping, arm-out-the-window, full-volume kinda track from the dynamic duo that brought us the awesome hit ‘Love you better’. “
Crazy White Boy have done live performances on SABC Live, Top Billing, MK Studio 1, Hectic Nine9 and Expresso.
- 2010 - 2011 Their first radio submission ‘Love you Better’ is officially the fastest record in South African radio history to hit the number one slot on a leading national radio station 5FM. The track later went on to hit number one on many other of the local stations.
- ‘Love You Better’ achieved a number one spot on Portuguese radio and has been heard playing on other stations worldwide including South America, Australia, Brazil, Spain and Greece
- To top off a remarkable year ‘Love You Better’ was nominated for ‘Song of the Year” at the South African Music Awards 2011 (SAMA’s).
- Their follow up single to ‘Love You Better’ namely ‘What You Do To Me’, earned the boys another number one spot. The music video also debuted exclusively on TRACETV Worldwide.
- 2012 Enter ‘Zoma’! When everyone expected them to play it safe they released their third radio single. This record is making South African and International record history by charting in Europe and all local radio stations.
- No 1 on 5Fm and many other local stations.
- ‘Zoma’ was selected by MTN for the official SAMA Awards 2012 theme song along with a massive TV Campaign.
- Crazy White Boy performed on the 2012 Steve Aoki Tour in South Africa and Portugal – which had over 75 000 people in attendance.
- Crazy White Boy also opened for David Guetta, Alesso and Sebastien Ingrosso in Portugal to crowds as big as 50 000 people plus.
- 2013 Nominated for Best Group Album at the METRO FM AWARDS.
- Crazy White Boy are embarking on their 10th and 11th European Tour this year
The pair have been interviewed and featured by virtually every note-worthy portal in South Africa - in short, Crazy.